And it’s that time of year again. Time to make a list of things we’d like to do in the upcoming year. I like making my list of goals “public”. It definitely makes for more accountability, even if I rarely write about them after publishing this post. At least in my mind I know it’s “out there” and can be referred to if needed.
Without further delay…
In the Faith department:
- I’d like to continue to incorporate more liturgical living into our Domestic Church. Intentionally celebrating the seasons and feast days.
- I’ve personally decided to take St. Gerard as my patron for the year. This is not a random choosing. St. Gerard is the patron of mothers, children and unborn children amongst others. My main reason for choosing him is, Jared and I have been on a rather discouraging journey to continue growing our family, so I’m feeling the need to do a lot more praying on the subject, asking for intercessions, and really trying to focus myself on God’s will which is completely baffling me at the moment (although occasionally His reasons become slightly clearer much further down the road) instead of my own.
- Keep intentionally praying, be that kneeling in the chapel (in the basement) or doing the laundry and caring for the kids. (Advent was great because I got to practice this too!)
In the Lifestyle department I’d like to…
- keep working on Patience. Started doing this intentionally last year. Only really picked up noticeably to me after I gave up FB for Advent. So, basically the whole year went without much progress. Keeping it on the books for another year, to intentionally keep working on it.
- Adding “Peace” to the list as well. When I think of Peace, to me it leans towards “inner peace”. Peace and quiet of my soul. Quiet and listening, especially to God. Even just being still and not doing anything. This happened unintentionally a few times during Advent and it was GREAT!
In the Crafting/Hobby Department I’d like to….
- Finish the Marine Corps afgan I’m crocheting for Jared. I started it last year with the intention of giving it to him for Father’s Day…. um…. yeah…. didn’t happen
- At the very least start making photo albums of our family. Not scrap books or project life books or anything too fancy (don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of those, but I don’t have the patience to do them…. I know… I already tried). So, just plain old picture books, with real pictures in them, that can sit on our bookshelves and take up more space that we don’t have. 🙂
- Keep up the 365 Project that I started in November
Other miscellaneous things I’ve thought of:
- Read two books a month, upping it just slightly from last year. Book list for the year is here. Now I just need to stop reading other people’s suggestions so I stop wanting to add to it.
- Get a better handle on our finances (budgets, credit cards, etc…)
- De-clutter: Specifically the attic and basement and kids toys.
- Keep making the “weekly goals”
I think that’s enough. Maybe I’ll do a mid-year check in and see how things are going. 🙂