Since my 29th birthday was on Wednesday I decided to do a recap of my year.
1. Well I think the biggest highlight would have to be the arrival of baby Zachary:
His was a much longed for, much waited for answer to prayer. (a little of that over here)
2. I have greatly seeing Jared’s involvement with the kids reach a new level! Not that he wasn’t involved before, but things kinda “took off” this summer, and it was really sweet to see it. It probably helped that we had a least a week of designated time off from work where we were pretty intentional about doing things together. But, whatever it was that started it, I’m so glad. It takes a special place in my heart to see the kids growing closer to their daddy. ❤
3. I started a photography blog. The key word in that sentence is “started”. I didn’t actually do anything with it until a few days ago (on my birthday). But knowing it was there was a little *push* in the back of my mind to keep working on my photography. I am really hoping to keep it up. There are only a few posts up there as of right now, but if you want to take a look that’d be fine by me :).
The plan is to move some of my photography “projects” over there (like the still life things, the weekend in black and white/black and white Wednesday’s, those kind of things). Who knows though, I might decide to post them here too. And I don’t plan to completely remove the photos from here, maybe just some of the more “artistic” ones.
The name is simple: Ruth Anne Holloway Photography
4. We were able to take a trip down to Georgia early in the year. Even though the reasons for going (Jared’s dad passing away) were not the nicest, it was still a good trip.
5. We, especially I, have been able to get to know more people in the church we’re attending. And that has been so, so, so, nice. There was a mom’s group that had one meeting (then a couple babies were born so we haven’t started it back up again), but it was really a huge blessing. I think I probably didn’t realize that I was missing that in-person fellowship with other moms until I went. So even though that particular event hasn’t happened, I have gotten to know some of the other moms at church, and that’s been great!
6. I guess I have only one more year left now until I reach 30. Which means I will FINALLY be a grown up. I mean, I know I’ve got a husband, kids, a house, and two cars, but still I look around and ask no-one-in-particular “is this *really* my life? Because I really don’t feel like a grown up yet, and grown-ups are the ones who are supposed to have all these things…” Anyone else feel that? No? Just me?
7. A quick run down of not-so-hightlights: I didn’t even come close to finishing my reading list (but look out 2015, I’m coming for you!); I had emergency surgery to repair a detached retina (while pregnant) – scary!; I decided to not do any homeschooling with my kids (or very, very minimal) – plan is to restart early next year.
And that’s my wrap. It’s a good thing my birthday falls at a convenient time to make such a yearly wrap. And now please excuse me I must go take care of my grown-up responsibility of a 7-week-old.
Linking up with Kelly for the Quick Takes! (Which only took me legitimately 58 minutes! #fastestquicktakesever)